It has been since October of 2011 since I have created a new entry. So much has happened in that time and I have no clue where to begin.
- We finished building our barn house in July 2012 and moved out of the old farm house which is currently undergoing the demolition process right now. I started landscaping last March and have made a pretty good start. Dad has been working on our yard. There is still lots to do on the farm after the old house is gone.
- I started a new job at a John Deere dealership and left industrial sales
- Countless friends have tied the knot and are now carrying bundles of joy
- Lindy, Molly's little one is walking
- My sister in law gave birth to her third little one, miss Allison and miss Kait has started talking and walking as well
- Dan's family lost his uncle Steve in a terrible accident
- My little brother bought his first house, turned it for a profit and recently purchased another bigger one... This makes me feel so old. Now if he and Cait would get engaged.......
- Dan and I made a trip to Kansas to visit his sister and her beautiful family over Thanksgiving and we had the honor of hosting them in our new home this past July
- We dug a pond. Fish next?
- We experienced our first major drought as farmers this past summer
- I received a DSLR camera from my husband last Christmas and have not taken up photography by any means but have enjoyed learning how to use it and hopefully will be inspired to blog more with it but my iPhone camera is so much easier....
- Someone tried breaking into our old house last Thanksgiving and we had a huge wake up call on security and being alert and aware of our surroundings along with ways to prevent it from ever happening again. Luckily, they didn't get it but it sure makes you change your perspective on society and your belongings.
- I became very ill this past fall with the Epstein Bar Virus and have been slowly bouncing back from that. I see my energy levels increasing each week. My doctor said it averages 6 months for one to fully recover. It has definitely slowed me down on projects and staying active. I've put on about 15 pounds and am hoping to get active again.
Over all life has been good despite the loss of a family member and a few members of the community. We made it through building a house as husband and wife (newly weds) and they say if you can make it through that you can make it through almost anything. I can believe that. It wasn't easy but I wouldn't give it up in a heart beat. It's been nice to finally settle in and have a place where I know my things will permanently stay. From moving down to college, back home to my parents, then into the old farm house and now into the new house, I'm worn out and ready to relax. Ready to start living again. Wedding plans and house plans easily distract you from life and everything else going on.
Time to sit back and count my blessings. Summer will be here before we know it and I recon it will be a busy one!